|New accessions for December 2019|
Our new accessions include donations of three ledgers and one abstract of title to add to the J.E. Little Plantation records, historical postcards and indexes to death records! We hold hundreds of thousands of records, microfilms, ledgers and books to help you trace your family’s story! Visit us and find your Arkansas roots.
· Grace Jones Hays postcard and photograph collection, 10 postcards and 21 photographs of various locations around Arkansas, taken by the donor’s mother and grandmother, Grace Jones Hays, during vacations to Arkansas around the 1950s. Donated by Tammy Vanveckhoven, 0.05 cubic feet
· J.E. Little Plantation records (accretion to existing collection), donated by Lucy Sogandares. Three ledgers and one abstract of title, 0.25 cubic feet. This collection contains materials pertaining to John Elijah Little, his family, their farm in Faulkner County, and their property and house in Conway, Arkansas.
· Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission records (accretion to existing collection), transferred by Patricia Goff, Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission, 10 boxes of cassette tape recordings of meetings, one box of meeting minutes and one box of maps, 6 cubic feet
· Neva Boatright Arkansas State Parks collection. Artifacts and archival material related to Arkansas State Parks collected by Neva Boatright during her time working at Petit Jean State Park, Cane Creek State Park and the Lower White River Museum in Des Arc.
· Joseph D. Bryan postcard collection. A collection of 34 postcards of various locations around Arkansas collected by Joseph D. Bryan, father of the donor, Sue Fourke. Bryan was in the CCC, Army and the Air Force.
Donated by Robert Franks:
· Spartanburg County, South Carolina, will abstracts 1787-1840, compiled by Brent H. Holcomb, C.A.L.S., 1983
· “Gone to Georgia: Jackson and Gwinnett Counties and Their Neighbors in the Western Migration,” compiled and with an introduction by William C. Stewart, 1979
· “Pioneers and Residents of West Central Alabama Prior to the Civil War,” by Madge Pettit, 1988
· “Old Sussex County Families,” by Charles Edgar Stickney, 1988
Donated by Friends of the ASA:
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 14, 1935-1940
· 1987 Obituaries, Polk County, Arkansas
· Obituaries from the Mena Star, 1988-1989
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 11, microfilm roll no. 11, June 2, 1927-February 13, 1930
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 12, microfilm roll no. 12, Feb. 20, 1931-Dec. 1, 1932
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 13, microfilm roll no. 13, Dec. 8, 1932-Nov. 14, 1935
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 5, microfilm roll no. 5, May 13, 1909-May 23, 1912
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 6, microfilm roll no. 6, May 20, 1912-April 13, 1916
· Death Records from the Mena Star, Volume 10, microfilm roll no. 10, Feb. 5, 1925-May 26, 1927