|Wallace F. Waits collection, courtesy of|
The Arkansas State Archives
Our new accessions for October include Aesthetic Club of Little Rock records, telephone directories, records published by the Madison County Genealogical and Historical Society, plus three copies of a book of artwork by Japanese Americans who were forced into internment camps during World War II.
· Lakeview Heritage Space Curtis H. Sykes Memorial Grant – final report and photographs, 2019.
· Wallace F. Waits collection – The collection includes telephone directories: Magnolia, 1995-1996; Magnolia, June 1978; Magnolia-Columbia County, 1984; Madison County, December 1984; street map of Fayetteville, 1975; and “Aurora Area Cemeteries and Obituaries,” Madison County, Arkansas, published by the Madison County Genealogical and Historical Society, November 2006.
· Aesthetic Club of Little Rock records [accretion] - The Aesthetic Club of Little Rock donated an addition to their collection that included papers (2017-2019), organizational minutes (2018-2019) and four other miscellaneous papers.
· “Songs from the Roaring Storm” by Rebecca Anne Cathey, 2019.
· “The Art of Living: Japanese American Incarceration Artwork in the Collection of the CALS Butler Center for Arkansas Studies,” edited by Kimberly McDaniel Sanders, distributed for the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, 2019, three copies. The books were donated to the ASA by the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies.